Location: Huntersville, NC or Remote | Department: Product | Type: Full Time
Who We Are
IMPLAN is the leading provider of economic impact data and analytical applications. IMPLAN serves the economic data needs of researchers, policy makers, decision makers, advocates, business leaders, governments, and more.
IMPLAN utilizes an economic modeling technique called Input-Output analysis, which is a type of applied economic analysis that tracks the interdependence among various producing and consuming industries of an economy. It measures the relationship between a given set of demands for final goods and services and the inputs required to satisfy those demands.
Who We Need
As Product Manager, you will help guide our product through its lifecycle, shaping the product strategy, and ensuring its fit for our end users. You will work as the nexus between business, design, and technology, collaborating with our departments in Development, Customer Success, Data, Sales, and Marketing to deliver value to our customers through our products. You must possess a unique blend of business, data, and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Gain a deep understanding of markets, customers, and users, improving their experience while driving product growth and adoption.
- Identify and differentiate user wants vs. needs. vs. pain points.
- Advocate for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Create and maintain product road-maps, scope, and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Manage the product life cycle, working iteratively through feedback loops.
- Partner with the company to develop and implement company-wide go-to-market plans, coordinating with all departments to execute.
- Drive solutions by working with cross functional teams to:
- Collaborate with sales on product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Translate product strategy into requirements, use cases, and prototypes.
- Work closely with the product director, experience/design, and development team to deliver with quick time-to-market.
- Work with the data team to identify data product gaps, missing data sets, and new data integration opportunities.
- Organize product launches by working with marketing team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management and internal stakeholders.
- Represent the company by engaging customers, users, prospects, and non-customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- When it’s safe to do so, attend trade shows and events, both as a method of engaging with customers and keeping up with current trends and best practices.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys interacting with people, including internal stakeholders, customers and end-users. collaborating on difficult problems with various members of the organization, thinking critically about the problem, and advocating for the user. This person is able to establish and conceptualize a long-term view of the product, but is adept at breaking it down and delivering it in smaller chunks, gathering feedback, and working iteratively to delight end users. The ideal candidate has strong opinions on the product vision, but has the modesty to accept new perspectives and adapt accordingly. This person works not to own or dictate the product, but to facilitate the vision and collaboration required to achieve its growth and development.
Required Skills & Experience
- Relevant working experience in product management, engineering, business analysis, development, and/or design.
- Demonstrable understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Possesses ability to interact well with internal and external customers. A good attitude and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Possesses strong skills serving as a leader while also promoting a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to the changing business environment.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer
At IMPLAN, we have crafted a collaborative and welcoming workplace focused on achieving the specific goals laid out by our community. We are always seeking agile, engaged, and high caliber people to join our team. We offer a comfortable office environment, free snacks and drinks, company social outings, and a workweek that ends at 3 p.m. on Fridays. Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, and Basic Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement 401k plan with Company Match
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and 10 Company Paid Holidays
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.